Watch the El Dorado LunchBox 2015 video: CLICK HERE
Kids Need 2 Eat and our community was blessed this summer with generous donors, fabulous partners, and awesome volunteers who helped pass out over 16,000 free meals to children at the El Dorado LunchBox and the Towanda LunchBox meal sites. Thanks to them, we are feeding our community’s future, and kids returned to school more ready to learn. They are listed here – if you know any of them, please join me in thanking them for a job well done!
The Kids Need 2 Eat board of directors meets about six times a year, generally in: January, February, March, May, September, October & November. Meetings are open to the public. Meetings are held on Sunday afternoons at the El Dorado Civic Center, 201 E. Central Ave., El Dorado, KS.
The Board’s most important function is planning the LunchBox program which distributes free meals to children for six weeks during the summer in El Dorado and Towanda.
If you might be interested in joining the Board and would like more information, please contact Judie Storandt, KN2E President: 405-308-9158, email@example.com, or any other board member.
Help El Dorado LunchBox 2015 make an impact on hunger this summer by distributing free meals to children in our community – to replace food many kids eat for free at school.
For six weeks during the summer , June 29 – August 7, 2015, kids ages 18 and under in El Dorado pick up free food during the noon hour.
For details: LUNCHBOX 2015
El Dorado LunchBox 2014 handed out over 12,000 free meals to children at its two meal sites this summer: The Family Worship Center (FWC) and the City Pool Park (CPP) in El Dorado.
Weekdays (35 distribution days over a 6 week period, 6/30 – 8/08).)
• Number of kids served at both sites = 3620 (does not include food provided to babies).
• Number of meals served (lunch and breakfast with snack foods) = 7240 (baby food not included).
• Number of kids given extra food to take home for the weekend = 764 kids (6 weekends, 6/30 – 8/08).
• Number of meals given to kids for the weekend (6/30 – 8/08) = 1499 lunches + 856 breakfast = 2355 meals
• Number of Food 4 Kids backpacks passed out = 200 kids (during June + those donated to USD 490 to hand out in August — Food Bank program doesn’t kick in until Sept.); each backpack is approx. 4 meals.
• Number of Numana meal packages distributed: 360 (represents 2160 meals)
Total meals served from all program components: 12,555 (does not include snack foods including fresh produce, baby food, and meals donated to 12 Baskets program).
El Dorado LunchBox 2015
Planning and fundraising for next summer has begun!. KN2E is holding two listening sessions this weekend to receive feedback for LunchBox supporters, donors and volunteers. These meetings are open to the public:
• Saturday, August 23, 2:30 pm, at the El Dorado Civic Center
• Sunday, August 24, 2:30 pm, at the El Dorado Civic Center
How to donate to support El Dorado LunchBox 2015
• Make checks payable to Kids Need 2 Eat (KN2E).
• Designate on the memo line “El Dorado LunchBox.”
• Mail to: KN2E, PO Box 467, El Dorado, KS 67042.
KN2E is a 501(c)(3) not for profit. Donations are tax deductible.
Thanks to everyone who contributed to the success of El Dorado LunchBox 2014. El Dorado is a community that cares! A great place to live, work, and raise children.